The department of Biology organizes the event:
Biology is Everywhere! The Creative Brain - from synapse and addiction to eternal youth
Registration starts at 14.00 pm with coffee and tea in the hall of the Marinus Ruppert building, Leuvenlaan 21 at the Utrecht Science Park. The program starts at 14.30 pm in lectureroom White at the Marinus Ruppert building with lectures from:
- Dr. Harold MacGillavry – "Mapping the dynamic organization of neuronal synapses with super-resolution microscopy”
- Dr. Frank Meye – “Comfort for the troubled mind: Neural Circuits of Stress-Induced Reward Seeking”
- Dr. Jinte Middeldorp – “Blood as a treatment or trigger for Alzheimer’s disease”
Key lecture by Prof.dr. Dick Swaab – “Our creative brain"
The symposium ends at 17.00 pm, followed by a yearly teacher award ceremony at 17.15 pm. The event continues with a BBQ, organised by the UBV. The program ends at 20.00 pm.
Staff, students and alumni of the Department of Biology and the Faculty of Science are invited to register this event. (People outside the department and faculty can register, but get on a waiting list and will be informed about their participation shortly before the event).
- Participation in the event is free, but we kindly request you to complete your registration form if you want to take part in the event because of the maximum number of participants and catering.
- We encourage participants to use public transport as parking lots in the Uithof are available but space may be limited.
- For information about the event contact the organisation: Marjan Fiechter – email@example.com / 030-2532276 or Annemarie van Schaik: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0302536741
- Organising committee: prof. dr. Casper Hoogenraad, dr. Laurens van Meeteren, Marjan Fiechter, Annemarie van Schaik (UBV)