Booking opened 21 May 2019 9.00 CEST. Because not all students confirm their booking in time, it is still possible to register. Please see 'how to apply' below for the instructions.
Utrecht University reserves a limited number of studios with property management organisation Camelot Europe at the newly built Camelot Campus 030. The studios have a high-end finish and are fully furnished.
The newly developed Campus 030 building in the Leidsche Rijn district of Utrecht offers high-end studio apartments for singles or couples. Leidsche Rijn Centrum is the newest urban development in Utrecht. Campus 030 is situated in this brand new ‘city centre’ which combines apartments, shops, restaurants and offices with large and small streets and squares with lots of eateries and social spaces. All studios have a private bathroom and private kitchen. The Campus 030 building offers a communal laundry room, a communal court yard and secured bicycle storage. The building is situated only a few steps away from the Leidsche Rijn train station with excellent access to public transport. The studios offer a double bed so if you are searching with your partner, this is the ideal opportunity to rent together via the Reserved Accommodation Programme. If you or your partner is 23 or older, and you both meet the individual requirements, the accommodation in the Campus 030 building is eligible for rent allowance.
Who can apply
In order to apply you need to be eligible for the Reserved Accommodation Programme. Camelot housing is available for new international students who enrol in the first year of an English taught Master’s or Bachelor’s degree programme per September 2019. Camelot housing is exclusively available for a fixed rental period of 12 months for the first year of studies.
When to apply
You can register to apply from 21 May 2019 9.00 AM Central European Summer Time (CEST) onwards.
- Application with Camelot for the rental period August 2019 – August 2020 opens on the 21st of May 2019 at 9.00 AM CEST onwards
- Follow the link to the Camelot booking page for students of Utrecht University . Select "Aanmelden/Apply now" > "registreren" (register) for the registration form. Fill out the webform to register an account with Camelot Europe (free of charge). In the field "wachtwoord" enter a password and confirm in the field ''bevestig wachtwoord''. You may leave "gebied/region" blank. Submit the registration and verify by entering the verification code as received by email. Select "Klik hier om naar de login pagina te gaan" to log in and return to the Camelot booking page
- Now that you are logged in your Camelot account, click on "Aanmelden / Apply" again to complete your application for a studio in the Campus030 building. You will receive an automated confirmation e-mail from Camelot as soon as you applied
- Once Camelot Europe has received your application they will verify that you are eligible with Utrecht University
- Once your registration is verified Camelot Europe will ask you to upload a copy of your passport, a copy of your letter of (conditional) admission, and a copy of your bank pass.
- Once Camelot has received your documentation they will ask you to digitally sign the contract and to make the following payments by online bank transfer: 1000 euro deposit, 100 euro cleaning fee, and the first month’s rent.
Please see the FAQ for the cancellation policy
Types of accommodation
Camelot Europe offers fully furnished single and two-person studio apartments at their new Camelot Campus 030. All apartments have fast internet (wifi), a private kitchen and a private bathroom. The building offers a communal laundry room, a communal court yard and secured bicycle storage.
The rent of Camelot studios is approximately 942 euros including mandatory utilities per month. You also pay a one off subscription fee for their service portal. If you meet the requirements, you can benefit from a cost reduction of up to 350 euros per month (see Rent allowance) on your rent. Bear in mind that, as explained in the contract, the monthly rent excludes Municipal taxes and fees. These must directly be paid by the tenant to either Camelot Europe or to the Municipality of Utrecht upon request.
If you are 23 years or older and meet the other individual requirements, the reserved accommodation at Camelot Campus 030 is eligible for the government regulated scheme called rent allowance. This means that you can benefit from a cost reduction of up to 350 euros off your monthly net rent. Read more about rent allowance.
The reserved accommodation via Camelot Europe is only available for a fixed rental period of 12 months, August 2019 to August 2020.
Camelot Campus 030 is situated in the commercial center of the Leidsche Rijn district of Utrecht. Shops, supermarkets, a cinema, restaurants, and a gym are within walking distance of the building. Because Camelot Campus 030 is located in close proximity to Utrecht Leidsche Rijn train station, it has easy access to the other districts of Utrecht. Follow this link for the Google Maps location.
Does Camelot offer accommodation to couples or families?
The accommodation in Camelot Campus 030 is suitable for couples. The accommodation is not suitable for house sharing, children or families.
Am I allowed to bring my pet?
The Reserved Accommodation Programme does not offer accommodation that is suitable for pets.
Can I rent Camelot accommodation for longer or shorter?
This is not possible. Reserved Camelot accommodation is only available for a fixed rental period of 12 months. If you are looking for accommodation for a shorter time frame, for example because you are planning to do fieldwork or an internship abroad, it is not possible to book this accommodation.
Do I receive a refund if I cancel my reservation with Camelot prior to my arrival?
This is possible, but only if you are not admitted for the programme you applied for, and within a limited time frame. A cancellation for a Camelot Europe studio can be submitted up to the 16th of July 2019 by providing proof of no admission. If you submit a timely valid request for cancellation via Camelot your down payment will be reimbursed within 30 days minus the cancellation fee of 500 euros.
What if I am unable to book via the Reserved Accommodation Programme?
Because the number of reserved accommodation is limited, most students have to search on their own. This can be difficult and time-consuming but the right preparation can increase your chances. At Utrecht University we aim to help and inform you best we can. Follow this link for tips, tricks and important things to keep in mind during your search. Also, if you have any questions or need additional advice make sure to reach out to us!
Is your question not answered in this FAQ? You can contact Camelot Europe via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)88 – 226 35 68. Make sure to inform Camelot in all your contact that your question regards the Utrecht University priority arrangement for internationals. If you are seeking additional advice or information, let us know!