Seminars, working groups or computer practicals
The students could work independently on the assignments at home while further information is published online. This can be combined with, for example
- having students record a short pitch for presenting the assignment,
- conversations between students and the professor(s) via discussion board or via chat function,
- turning in (partial) assignments.
For an online meeting (with several people), video calls (also 1 op1) or to work together on an assignment in an online text editor, we recommend using Microsoft Teams (Office 365). Anyone with a UU Solis ID can log in. In addition, files can be shared and stored in Teams. View the manual Teams in teaching.
More information about using Teams:
Redesigning your existing course into an online variant? Read the step-by-step plan (written by O&T) or take part in the module (Re)design your teaching in times of corona.
Tips from Education advice & Training about giving an online seminar:
- The function of a seminar in online education
- Using (online) peer feedback effectively
- Poster presentations by students: also possible online
- Achieving your lesson objectives in an online setting using the Jigsaw-method
- Supervising a seminar in MS Teams