Utrecht University offers multiple possibilities for professionals who want to keep learning, but do not want to enrol in full-time Bachelor's or Master’s programmes.
As a professional or supervisor, you are never done learning. Social developments happen in rapid succession. The Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance anticipated this and now accommodates a wide range of possibilities for degree programmes that can be followed while also having a job, besides the regular academic programmes.
Please look at our offer of Executive Programmes and Executive Master's Programmes. Note: this website is only available in Dutch at the moment.
Are you ready for a next step in your development? If so, you can go to Utrecht University for profession-specific courses for professionals. In general, the entry requirement for these courses is that participants have already completed degree programmes at universities or Dutch Universities of Applied Sciences, or are currently employed at that level. The possibilities can be seen on the information pages of the faculties.
FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- Course options Department of Animals in Science and Society.
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- Includes options for translators and ethics courses. Please check out our course options.
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- Our course options include extra training, refresher courses, nursing and obstetrics courses and the non-university work-study programs. Please check out our course options.
FACULTY OF GEOSCIENCES
- Our course options include training for (geography) teachers and geo-software training. Please check out our course options.
FACULTY OF LAW, ECONOMICS AND GOVERNANCE
- Our course options include training in the fields of governance and policy, as well as strategic management. Please check out our course options. Note: this website is only available in Dutch at the moment.
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCES
- Our course options include Non-degree courses and teacher training. Please check out our course options. Note: this website is only available in Dutch at the moment.
A number of post-academic Master's programmes are primarily focused on professionals who already possess the required work experience in professional practice and already have an hbo, doctorate or Master's title.
On top of that, Utrecht University also has a number of Master’s programmes that you can enrol in on a part-time basis.
These Master’s programmes are not subsidized by the Dutch government; this means the tuition fees are higher.
Some parts of our regular education catalogue are also accessible to participants who are not enrolled as students. Prior knowledge of the field is usually required, but not obligatory.
The participants pay per course or cluster of courses. Taking an exam is not obligatory. In many cases, it is possible to take a test and/or receive a part-time certificate. The possibilities, enrolment procedures and costs vary from faculty to faculty.
You can read more on Non-degree courses on the students' website.