At the start of your PhD, arrange the following:
- Choose one of the PhD programmes of the GSLS. Do this in consultation with your supervisors.
- Contact your PhD programme coordinator to meet.
- Appoint one or – preferably – two independent advisors together with your supervisors.
- Register in MyPhD, the official registration system of Utrecht University. Do this as soon as the points above are arranged.
- Non-UU employees: request a Solis-id. See FAQ for instructions. This is needed for online courses via Ulearning and courses in UU Development Guide.
- Sign up for the Introduction for GSLS PhD Candidates organised on the 3rd or 4th Thursday of the month, see PhD Course Centre Agenda.
- Complete the Training and Supervision Agreement (TSA) together with your supervisors. An individual training plan is part of the TSA. It has to be approved by your supervisory team, independent advisor(s) and PhD programme coordinator. It is mandatory to complete the TSA within 3 months after the start of your PhD.
- Register for the compulsory training Responsible Conduct of Research - Year 1. You can find more information here.
- Know your rights and responsibilities.
- Know where you can go for support during your PhD journey.