The assessment panel is a part of the Board of Examiners and responsible for the quality of assessment.
Tasks of the Assessment Panel
The Assessment Panel (AP) monitors the quality of:
- assessment procedures;
- written course exams, either by random sampling or upon request;
- scoring of complex tasks, including scoring of presentations of scientific data, of theses and of research projects (by random sampling).
The AP collects and assesses information on:
- CL graduates of the School per programme;
- percentages of passes per course;
- grades for thesis and research projects (average and a frequency table); if possible per department.
The AP advises on:
- implementing optimal procedures to ensure valid and reliable assessment of learning outcomes;
- professional development of examiners/staff with respect to assessment, based on the survey of assessment quality within GSLS programs.
The AP functions as a think tank: the members of the assessment panel possess or acquire knowledge of assessment theory and of the applicability of the multiple forms of assessment for the various educational goals set by the GSLS programs.
Members of the Assessment Panel
Please find the newest information about the members in the study guide.
More information and contact
For questions or advice regarding assessment, please have a look at the assessment page. Or contact the Assessment Panel by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.