The assessment panel is a part of the Board of Examiners and responsible for the quality of assessment.
Tasks of the Assessment Panel
The Assessment Panel monitors the quality of:
- assessment procedures of the GSLS programmes as a whole
- assessment procedures of the individual curriculum components
- course exams, either by random sampling or upon request
- assessment of complex tasks (e.g. presentations of scientific data, theses, research projects) by random sampling
The Assessment Panel collects and evaluates information on:
- student perception of assessment
- success rates
- percentages of candidates achieving cum laude
- grades for written assignments and research projects
The Assessment Panel advises on:
- implementing effective assessment procedures
- aligning assessment with learning outcomes set by the GSLS programmes
- developing assessment matrices
- grading written assignments
- designing rubrics
- professional development of examiners and staff with respect to assessment
The AP functions as a think tank: the members of the assessment panel possess or acquire knowledge of assessment theory and of the applicability of the multiple forms of assessment for the various educational goals set by the GSLS programs.
Members of the Assessment Panel
Please find the newest information about the members on the GSLS Students' Site.
More information and contact
For questions or advice regarding assessment, please have a look at the assessment page. Or contact the Assessment Panel by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.