Utrecht University offers you:
- Dutch- and English-taught programmes in most academic disciplines.
- the opportunity to learn, grow, and flourish in a top quality, world-class academic environment where teaching is closely linked to the latest research.
- learning based on a strong interdisciplinary approach and courses taught in small groups to foster the intensive exchange of ideas between students and lecturers.
Our academic staff have high expectations of their students, but also provide ample opportunities for students to develop their own views and talents:
- as a student at Utrecht University, you are part of our academic community.
- your input forms a vital contribution to the community.
- you will learn to think critically, state your own views, and participate in discussions.
Inspiring an international educational environment
Over half of our Master’s Programmes and four of our Bachelor’s Programmes are taught in English. Every year, these programmes attract more than 2,000 international degree students from 110 different countries. The university also invites top lecturers from abroad to teach in various courses and programmes. As a student at Utrecht University, you will enjoy an inspiring and international environment both inside and outside the classroom.
Connection to research
Research plays an important part in a Utrecht University education. As a student, you will learn from prominent researchers in your chosen area of study. As a student in one of our research master’s or doctoral programmes, you will also contribute to the university’s research offerings.
During your programme of study, regardless of academic level or discipline, you will hone your research skills through connections with practicing researchers and the careful study and testing of scientific theories. Your education will include ample opportunities to confront both research methodologies as well as the latest research in your field.
Connecting research and education
To provide an optimal link between research and education, we have organized our master’s programmes and PhD programmes into six graduate schools, consisting of relatedprogrammes. In this context, master’s students, PhD candidates, and top researchers from different disciplines can easily meet each other and exchange knowledge.