Universities in the Netherlands do not own student housing. Utrecht University reserves a limited number of rooms for Exchange students and new international non-Dutch students who enrol in the first year of an English taught degree programme. This programme is limited and does not guarantee housing. We strongly recommend prospective students to also explore other housing options as well.
Reserved Accommodation Programme February 2019
- It is possible to reserve accommodation prior to your formal admission
- Because the accommodation is not owned by Utrecht University, contracts are between the tenant and the housing provider
- The accommodation is available for fixed rental periods and for the first year of studies only, even if you plan to study in the Netherlands for multiple years
- The accommodation is rented out on a first come, first served basis
- Do not underestimate the run for housing once booking opens! In previous years the accommodation has booked up within hours
- New international Erasmus and Exchange students who plan to enrol per February 2019
- New international degree seeking Master's who plan to enrol in the first year of an English taught degree programme per February 2019
- In addition to the above, students are only eligible if they have a non-Dutch nationality and do not yet live in the Netherlands
- There is no age restriction
Students who start their studies in the second semester (as of February 2019) can register with SSH Short Stay from 23 october 2018 onwards. Booking opens on 30 October 2018 9.00 AM Central European Time (CET). Once this is fully booked, students have to find accommodation on their own.