The Reserved Acommodation for international UU students is currently fully booked. However, we strongly advise you to register with SSH Reserved Accommodation anyway. This helps us to keep track of the demand for housing and enables us to inform you if any additional housing options become available.
In order to help Exchange students find housing, our university has an agreement with SSH, the largest student housing corporation in Utrecht. We reserve a range of furnished accommodation that SSH rents to international students. The number of accommodations is limited, and is offered on a first come, first served basis. Registration is free. Only when you submit a reservation, you are charged a reservation fee of 75 euros.
Reserved accommodation rental contracts for exchange students are only available for a fixed period of 5 or 10 months (one or two semesters).
SSH Reserved Accommodation offers a range of furnished accommodation on university campus De Uithof and the nearby community of Zeist. They also offer a number of rooms in the city centre of Utrecht. All accommodation is situated within travelling distance from the university.
Types of accommodation
SSH have furnished single or shared rooms with shared facilities and a limited number of self-containing studios, mostly situated in (international) student residences. All accommodation has internet provided.
Who can apply?
SSH Reserved Accommodation is available for international Erasmus and exchange students who enrol in a Utrecht University exchange programme and who do not yet live in the Netherlands.
When to apply?
It is best to apply and reserve accommodation even if you have not yet been formally admitted.
- When: From 9 May at 9.00 AM CET (Central European Time).
Applications for the second semester, in February, usually open at the beginning of October.
- UU Exchange Fall 2017
- UU Exchange full academic year 2017 - 2018
- UU Bachelor’s & Master’s students academic year 2017 - 2018
How to apply?
You can view and reserve the available offer prior to the start of your Erasmus or Exchange studies in Utrecht and even prior to your formal admission to the exchange programme. You can register online with SSH Reserved Accommodation as a student of Utrecht University. After your faculty approves your registration, you can submit a reservation request.
Application is free. Only if you actually reserve accommodation, you pay a reservation fee and a deposit that covers your first and last month’s rent. If you fail to show, the reservation fee and the deposit are non-refundable, irrespective of the reason for cancellation. If you cancel your reservation because you have not been admitted to your exchange programme, you are entitled to a refund of 1 month’s rent.
The number of rooms we can offer through SSH Reserved Accommodation is limited, and accommodation is not guaranteed. All accommodation is offered on a first come, first serve basis.
- Register online on the website of SSH Reserved Accommodation as a student of Utrecht University (registration is free).
- Your registration needs to be approved by the department you are planning to study.
- After your registration has been approved, you can submit a reservation request.
- If you actually reserve accommodation, you pay a non-refundable reservation fee of 75 euros and a deposit.
Even though the number of rooms may seem vast, do not underestimate the run for housing! The rooms fill up very quickly once the application has started, because housing with SSH is very popular.
- only available for students who have non-Dutch nationality and who do not yet live in the Netherlands
- for Erasmus and exchange students
- monthly rental fees from roughly 350 euros for a shared room, to 425/535 euros for a single room with shared facilities; a private studio is more expensive.
All accommodation is rented on a first come, first serve basis.