Universities in the Netherlands do not own student housing. Utrecht University reserves a limited number of rooms for Exchange students and new international non-Dutch students who enrol in the first year of an English taught degree programme. This programme is limited and does not guarantee housing. We strongly recommend prospective students to also explore other housing options as well.
Reserved Accommodation Programme September 2019
- International Erasmus and Exchange students who plan to enrol per September 2019
- New international degree seeking students (Bachelor's or Master's) who enrol in the first year of an English taught degree programme per September 2019
- In addition to the above, students are only eligible if they have a non-Dutch nationality and do not yet live in the Netherlands
- There is no age restriction
Important to know
- It is possible to reserve accommodation prior to your formal admission
- The accommodation is available for fixed rental periods and for the first year of studies only, even if you plan to study in the Netherlands for multiple years
- Because the accommodation is not owned by Utrecht University, contracts are between the tenant and the housing corporation
- The accommodation is rented out on a first come, first served basis
- Do not underestimate the run for housing once booking opens! In previous years the accommodation has booked up within hours
When to apply
Reservations for the Reserved Accommodation Programme for new international Erasmus/Exchange, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students will start in May 2019. More information on the exact dates will follow on this website. If reserved accommodation is fully booked, you will have to find accommodation on your own. Follow this link for tips, tricks and important information that may help you during your search.