At Utrecht University we define hybrid education as: education in which students on location (on-campus) and remote students (online) simultaneously take part in the education.
The principles of hybrid education at Utrecht University are:
- Strive to offer qualitatively equivalent education for both student groups
- All students and the teacher should be able to interact with each other by seeing and hearing each other. This stimulates a feeling of community.
Tips for hybrid education
- View practical tips on how you can make your hybrid education manageable
- TAUU: who has experience with hybrid education
Lecture rooms for hybrid teaching
Multiple lecture rooms have been equipped for hybrid education. More information about these classrooms you can find on intranet. For teaching in these classrooms a manual has been developed, with practical and didactical steps to take for the teacher as well as the students.
Standard lecture rooms
In the standard lecture rooms a webcam and microphone have been installed. You can find more information on the following pages:
- Teacher manual: back to campus
- How to use multiple cameras during hybrid education?
- Practical questions teaching in times of corona
Future Learning Spaces
In the Future Learning Spaces project, together with lecturers and students, innovative spaces are being developed that focus on active, student-centred learning. Four spaces have been given the designation Future Learning Space:
All these rooms are suitable for hybrid education.