Teachers with an idea to make academic education more inclusive, can ask for a contribution by the Stimulation Fund Diversity and Inclusion. Every year, the Utrecht University allocates € 50,000 for projects and activities that improve diversity among students and employees. The fund is an initiative of the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force.
Projects and activities are eligible for the stimulation fund if they:
- link up with the Strategic Plan of Utrecht University;
- are relevant to multiple faculties/management boards;
- contribute to diversity of a broader demographic within Utrecht University;
- request a maximum of € 5,000 per application;
- are not eligible for other funds/grants within Utrecht University.
An application can be filed as follows:
- describe the project/the activity (no more than 2 A4 pages) and in any case, provide information on goals, results, activities, planning and range. Add a budget separately;
- email this information and the budget to email@example.com;
- for every calendar year, applications can be filed in two periods: from February until June and from September until November. If there is no budget left, the application will be carried over to the next period. There is budget available up to and including 2020;
- a review commission, consisting of three members of the Diversity Task Force, will assess the applications. In this assessment, they look at how the criteria described above are met and at the spread across demographics and action lines of the Diversity Task Force;
- no later than two months after reception, the assessment commission will inform you whether or not they have accepted the application;
- for more information see here.