Application and admission
At University College Utrecht, we look for intellectually adventurous students who demonstrate achievements and engagement in and outside of the classroom. We receive around 1,000 applications, and around 250 students enroll each year. To be accepted, candidates must fit a general profile and meet a set of minimum requirements regarding their diploma and English proficiency.
Check if you recognize yourself in these general criteria:
- You have a Dutch high school diploma at VWO level (any profile) or an international equivalent.
- You are able to demonstrate proof of your English proficiency.
- You have an intrinsic interest in studying in an academic setting and are curious to learn about many subjects.
- You are driven and highly motivated in everything you do.
- You enjoy social activities and have affinity with living and studying in an international and diverse environment.
Find all of our entry requirements here.
After submitting your application, including a statement of academic motivation, grade transcript, activities form, and recommendation(s), you may be invited for an interview. In the interview, we focus not only on your academic performance but also on your personal interests, background and motivation.
All information you need to know to apply can be found on the 'How to apply' page of our general website.