Are you interested in developing your own multidisciplinary curriculum by combining classes in humanities, science and/or social science? Would you like to live on a small campus where you live and study with people from all over the world? Then look no further than University College Utrecht!
What is a University College?
University colleges in the Netherlands have been established by research universities in response to a growing demand for a more holistic type of education. Students at university colleges not only study Liberal Arts and Sciences; they also live the liberal arts and sciences by studying, living, and working together on campus with their peers from different cultural backgrounds and with different disciplinary interests. University College Utrecht is one of the honours colleges of Utrecht University and was founded in 1998 as the first university college in the Netherlands.
Choose your own individual curriculum
University College Utrecht offers you the opportunity to follow an English-language undergraduate Liberal Arts & Sciences degree programme. This honours programme is designed for curious and driven students who are looking to be challenged. You will have complete freedom to design your own curriculum from over 200 different classes in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences. Your personal tutor will help guide and advise you in constructing a curriculum in line with your interests, talents, and future goals. For more information about the curriculum visit the page Study programme.
Live and study on campus
University College Utrecht is located at the International Campus of Utrecht University. The charming campus is conveniently located between Utrecht Science Park and the city centre. There are currently around 750 enrolled students representing over 70 different nationalities. You will live and study on campus, a close-knit community and vibrant hub of intellectual exploration and social engagement. Living on campus is part of the education and housing on campus is guaranteed for three years. For more information about living on campus visit the page Campus life.
Why University College Utrecht?
University College Utrecht has been pioneering the liberal arts and sciences in the Netherlands since 1998 and offers a unique perspective on the subject matter through a rich curriculum.
- At University College Utrecht you have complete freedom to develop your own curriculum combining the subjects of your choice. This allows students to explore their academic interests, to experiment with different academic disciplines and find their unique path forward to a future career.
- Each student is assigned a tutor upon registration, who will guide them through their academic development throughout the programme. Thanks to the tutoring system, the vast majority of the students at UCU will graduate within 3 years and many go on to study for a higher degree.
- University College Utrecht offers an American-style residential campus, a little village where the student housing is right next to the academic buildings.
- Honours college of Utrecht University (est. 1636)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (BA/BSc)
- Compose your own multi-disciplinary curriculum
- Residential: Study and live on campus (guaranteed housing)
- Small scale: 750 students. On average 20 students per class
- International: Over 50% international, 70+ nationalities
University College Utrecht has been selected by Netherlands based study choice organization Keuzegids, as a top-rated programme for 2023. This label is only awarded to select programmes in the Netherlands.
- BA (Bachelor of Arts) / BSc (Bachelor of Science)
- Language of instruction:
- Mode of study:
- Study duration:
- 3 years
- Tuition fees:
- 2023-2024: € 4,802 (EU/EEA), € 12,922 (EU/EEA with a Dutch Ba/Ma degree), € 14.665 (non EU/EEA)
More information about fees
- Croho code: