Some programmes can only accommodate a certain number of students and will conduct their own selection processes to decide which students to admit. These selection processes consider not just academic performance but also other relevant competences. You can apply for these programmes until 15 January. Participating in the selection procedure for a limited enrolment programme is free of charge.
Programmes with selection
Utrecht University offers several bachelor’s programmes that only admit a limited number of students. Places are allocated based on a selection procedure.
- Bestuurs- en Organisatiewetenschap (Dutch-taught)
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (English-taught)
- University College Roosevelt (in Middelburg, English-taught)
- University College Utrecht (English-taught)
- Utrecht Law College (Dutch-taught)
Programmes with limited enrolment
Utrecht University currently has 5 limited enrolment programmes:
|Capacity||% 16 January 2023||16 January 2023||16 January 2022||16 January 2021|
|Biomedical Sciences (Biomedische Wetenschappen)||175||335%||586||625||649|
|Veterinary Medicine (Diergeneeskunde)||225||476%||1.051||1.222||1.230|
|Pharmacy,including the College of Pharmaceutical Sciences) (Farmacie)||300||216%||649||662||645|
The registration, selection and final enrolment for limited enrolment programmes consist of seven steps. During the process, you will receive information and instructions in Studielink or directly from the programme (specifically steps 3 and 4) and International Student Admissions (specifically steps 3, 5, 6 and 7).
The rules for the five academic programmes with an intake restriction are recorded in:
- Minister's scheme for registration and placement in Higher Education (only available in Dutch);
- Regulations governing bachelor's degree programmes with selection under a fixed quota (pdf);
- Selection criteria and procedures at each individual limited enrolment programme.
Deviation of the rules
In certain situations, you may ask the university to deviate from the rules, for example if you fail to pass your exams and wish to cancel your selection attempt.