Applicants from China

All Chinese students must apply for a Nuffic Certificate before they can submit an application for a visa. The IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Service) will not process Chinese visa applications without this document.

To apply for a Nuffic Certificate, you must have passed the Gaokao and taken an IELTS test (International English Language Testing System/Academic version) or a TOEFL iBT (internet-based TOEFL). Without a Gaokao score (only applicable when applying based on a Chinese Senior Middle School Graduation Certificate), you cannot be admitted to Utrecht University.

Make sure that you apply for the Nuffic Certificate at the same time as you apply for admission to Utrecht University, otherwise your application cannot be processed.

You can find more information and apply for a Nuffic Certificate online