Applicants from China

All Chinese students must apply for a Nuffic Certificate before they can submit an application for a visa. The Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) does not process Chinese visa applications without this document.

In order to apply for a Nuffic Certificate, you must have passed the Gaokao and taken an
IELTS test (International English Language Testing System / Academic version) or a TOEFL iBT (internet-based TOEFL). Without having a Gaokao score, you cannot be admitted to Utrecht University.

Make sure you apply for the Nuffic Certificate at the same time you apply for admission at Utrecht University, otherwise your application cannot be processed.

You can find more information and apply for a Nuffic Certificate online at