CPS graduates have many career prospects, either in the Netherlands or abroad.
Examples of future employers:
- Universities and academic hospitals
- Pharmaceutical or biomedical research institutes, such as Lygature and the Netherlands Cancer Institute
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnological industry
- Big companies such as Hoffmann-La Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Boehringer Ingelheim, Merck, Pfizer, etc,
- Smaller companies such as BioMarin, Genmab and PamGene
- Companies linked to the pharmaceutical industry (pre-clinical/clinical research of drugs, such as NOTOX)
- Registration authorities (CBG, EMA, FDA)
- (Scientific) journals
- Government agencies (RIVM)
To obtain a doctorate
Once you have finished your Master’s and would like to continue as a researcher, it is a logical step to become a PhD student. PhD students make an important contribution to the research of Utrecht University. A PhD project lasts four years and during these four years you will receive a salary.