Open Access Services in Utrecht University Library
An important part of the mission of Utrecht University Library is promoting Open Access
, free access to scientific information on the Internet (see the Berlin declaration on Open Access to Scientific Knowledge
Making scientific research results available traditionally belongs to the tasks of the library. In the digital world Open Access is a necessary condition for the optimal execution of this task. Open Access is a key concept in current scientific communication.
As Partner in Science, the library makes every effort to inform researchers, lecturers and students about the possibilities of Open Access and to support them in the use thereof.
Utrecht University Library offers you:
- More than twenty peer reviewed Open Access journals
- Utrecht Dataverse Network, a service for storing and sharing your research data. You are the one who decides what data may be made accessible
- Igitur Archive: deposit your publications in the repository for a better findability and sustainable storage. The library is responsible for cataloguing, dissemination and sustainable storage and offers complementary services such as readers statistics
- Help in answering questions about copyright
- Igitur Publishing: help in starting your own Open Access journal
Want to find out more/take part in the discussion?