What we offer:
- Utrecht University offers Dutch- and English-taught programmes in most academic disciplines.
- Utrecht University’s degree programmes lead to internationally recognised, accredited qualifications: BSc / BA / LLB and MSc / MA / LLM degrees.
- Utrecht University offers a top quality, world-class academic environment; teaching is closely linked to the latest research.
- Utrecht University’s programmes are characterised by a wide range of academic disciplines and strong interdisciplinary nature.
- Utrecht University’s courses are taught in small groups, allowing for an intensive exchange of ideas between students and lecturers.
- Utrecht University offers ambitious and talented young international scholars the opportunity to learn, grow and flourish.
Utrecht University has high graduation rates. Of all the students starting their Bachelor’s degrees in 2007, 58 percent graduated within four years. Nationally, this percentage was considerably lower: 47 percent. Of the students who do not drop out in the first year, 71 percent successfully complete their Bachelor’s degrees within four years (2011 figures).
Of the students who entered a one-year Master’s degree in 2009 and who had previously graduated from Utrecht University, 74 percent successfully completed the programme. Of the students who had previously graduated from a university of applied sciences, 68 percent completed their programmes of study. Of the cohort entering a two-year Master’s degree in 2008, 69 percent of the students who had previously graduated from Utrecht University completed their programmes within two years (2011 figures).
Prof. dr. Bas van Bavel: Utrecht University's interdisciplinary nature