Why Utrecht University
Why choose Utrecht University? To provide you with some answers, we asked the experts. Current international students share their experiences and tell you their fascinating, personal stories about satisfying their ambition and individual dreams.
Read the interviews:
- Natural Liu, Economics and Business Economics, China: ‘The professionals and experts motivate me’.
- Rahul Pandit, Neuroscience and Cognition, India: ‘My Master’s programme ranks high internationally’.
- Lina Zigelyte, Media and Performance studies, Lithuania: ‘Professors consider advanced students as equals’.
- Stefanie Schütten, Language and Culture Studies, Germany: ‘Utrecht University has really sparked my enthusiasm’.
- Tabaré Arroyo Currás, Sustainable Development, Mexico / Spain: ‘It is the perfect place for the sustainability debate’.
- Jean Marie Vianney Habarugira, Drug Innovation, Burundi: ‘Utrecht University’s success as research community appealed to me’.
- Tanveer Reza Rouf, Sociology and Social Research, Bangladesh: ‘I aim to serve as a catalyst of change’.
- Saskia Westhof, University College, the Netherlands: ‘All in all a perfect fit!’.
- Stella Pachidi, Business Informatics, Greece: ‘Utrecht offers an exciting life for students’.
Utrecht University has high graduation rates. Of all the students starting their Bachelor’s degrees in 2007, 58 percent graduated within four years. Nationally, this percentage was considerably lower: 47 percent. Of the students who do not drop out in the first year, 71 percent successfully complete their Bachelor’s degrees within four years (2011 figures).
Of the students who entered a one-year Master’s degree in 2009 and who had previously graduated from Utrecht University, 74 percent successfully completed the programme. Of the students who had previously graduated from a university of applied sciences, 68 percent completed their programmes of study. Of the cohort entering a two-year Master’s degree in 2008, 69 percent of the students who had previously graduated from Utrecht University completed their programmes within two years (2011 figures).
Join us on Facebook
Join the Utrecht University community on Facebook.
The Utrecht University community on Facebook provides current and prospective students information related to the programs of Utrecht University and other practical information about studying in Utrecht and the Netherlands.