Tabaré Arroyo Currás (Mexico/Spain)
‘It is the perfect place for the sustainability debate’
I would describe my programme as visionary, network oriented and optimistic. It is visionary because it enables me to imagine a world where global partnership is achievable. Its network orientation encourages me to share knowledge and values among equals based on honesty. It is optimistic because it enables me to develop a positive attitude towards change. My programme not only meets, but surpasses my expectations!
I chose Utrecht University because, as a prestigious academic institution, it offers me the perfect place to be exposed to the sustainability debate from a direct and proactive position based on a more profound understanding of the economic, social and environmental dynamics behind the energy challenge. Utrecht University is helping me to achieve my ambitions by encouraging me to participate in the sustainable development debate with a more globally oriented and open minded position by studying the relationship between energy and environment from a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspective.
After I graduate, I would like to contribute to global sustainable energy and material systems achievement through environmentally aware and socially responsible leadership.
- Natural Liu, Economics and Business Economics, China: ‘The professionals and experts motivate me’.
- Rahul Pandit, Neuroscience and Cognition, India: ‘My Master’s programme ranks high internationally’.
- Lina Zigelyte, Media and Performance studies, Lithuania: ‘Professors consider advanced students as equals’.
- Stefanie Schütten, Language and Culture Studies, Germany: ‘Utrecht University has really sparked my enthusiasm’.
- Jean Marie Vianney Habarugira, Drug Innovation, Burundi: ‘Utrecht University’s success as research community appealed to me’.
- Tanveer Reza Rouf, Sociology and Social Research, Bangladesh: ‘I aim to serve as a catalyst of change’.
- Saskia Westhof, University College, the Netherlands: ‘All in all a perfect fit!’.
- Stella Pachidi, Business Informatics, Greece: ‘Utrecht offers an exciting life for students’.
Join us on Facebook
Join the Utrecht University community on Facebook.
The Utrecht University community on Facebook provides current and prospective students information related to the programs of Utrecht University and other practical information about studying in Utrecht and the Netherlands.