International Wildlife Management Congress
Please join The Wildlife Society (TWS) in partnership with the Wildlife and Environmental Society of South Africa (WESSA), South African National Parks (SANParks), and EZEMVELO KZN Wildlife for the IV International Wildlife Management Congress (IWMC).
This is the first time the Congress will be held in Africa. The first three Congresses were held in Costa Rica, Hungary, and New Zealand in 1993, 1999, and 2003, respectively.
The theme of the IV IWMC is Cooperative Wildlife Management across Borders: Learning in the Face of Change. Sub-themes will include:
- Human dimensions of wildlife management and conservation (i.e.: conflict, urban, land use)
- Professional development and training
- Climate change
- Wildlife health and disease
- Wildlife population management
- Endangered species recovery
- Invasive species
- Trans-border cooperation and conservation
- Natural resource use and sustainability
- Habitat restoration, modification and stewardship
Africa has always taken a broad view of social, economic, and political dimensions that all affect, and become affected by, use and management of natural resources. Their survival, and indeed, the survival of the world depend on cooperative and effective management of our natural resources.
|Startdatum en tijd:
|Einddatum en tijd:
||Nkosi Albert Luthuli International Convention Center, Durban, South Africa