Solismail has become outdated: it has limited storage capacity and its functions need updating. Utrecht University has therefore initiated migration to UU-Gmail.
The switch to UU-Gmail offers a range of advantages:
- Larger inbox: 7500 MB instead of 100 MB
- Increased space for attachments: 25 MB instead of 10 MB
- Useful additional functions, including labelling to organize messages
- Additional spam filter to reduce spam
- Compatibility with all browsers
Switching to UU-Gmail
You can transfer your account yourself using Solis-Ugids. Switching to UU-Gmail is extremely easy:
- Go to https://solis-ugids.uu.nl/
- Click on Inloggen (Log in) and then Eigen gegevens (My data)
- Go to the Gmail mailbox line and create your account
- Set your UU-Gmail password in the pop-up screen and accept the conditions
- Click on Vraag Gmail account aan (Apply for Gmail account)
Your account will be transferred immediately. As soon as you have completed these steps, you will receive all incoming e-mails in your UU-Gmail account. You can access your account directly via https://gmail.students.uu.nl/ or via the link on the students’ website of your Faculty.
After your account has been transferred, existing e-mails will automatically also be transferred to your new UU-Gmail inbox. UU offers this service until 31 July 2010.
Make the switch today and take immediate advantage of the options offered by UU-Gmail!
If you have any questions, please contact the ICT Service Centre.