Benefit from our Expertise
The faculty attaches great importance to social service. That is why we share our expertise in the broad field of humanities for the benefit of external organisations. Your company or institute can commission the faculty to carry out scientific research or to give tailor-made courses. Many assignments involve research into company history, but commissioned activities by humanities scholars may also lead to an independent advice, the creation of a website or database, or a contribution to a conference or exhibition.
Professionalism and Collaboration
The research is always carried out in close collaboration with our clients, guaranteeing a timely and successful conclusion of the project. For each project we select supervisors and researchers who are fit to do the job, always highly qualified and experienced researchers. The coordinators of the commissioned activities supervise the realisation of the project. For more information: please contact them.
In the past few years, researchers from the Faculty of Humanities carried out research for various clients, ranging from the European Union to Royal Dutch Shell and from various mental health institutes to the Dutch National Coordinator for Counterterrorism.
Examples of recent projects:
- History of Heineken [in Dutch] - To be published on the occasion of Heineken’s 150th anniversary in 2014.
- Growing up bilingual - Website and workshops about raising bilingual children, for parents, teachers, etc.
- Utrecht Data School - Students of New Media & Digital Culture analyse large datasets for companies and institutions.
- Religion, Masculinity and HIV & AIDS - The role of religion in the HIV and AIDS epidemic in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ethics training [in Dutch] for staff of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation.
- The perception of the Paralympics [in Dutch] - How have handicapped people experienced the TV broadcasts of the Paralympics? Research commissioned by the Dutch Revalidatiefonds.
For more examples, please visit the website of the Research Institute for History and Culture, the Ethics Institute [information in Dutch], the Utrecht Institute of Linguistics OTS, the Research Institute for Theology and Religious Studies (Integon) and the Centre for Intercultural Theology, Interreligious Dialogue, Missiology and Ecumenism (Centre IIMO).
Humanities Science Shop
Besides researchers, you can also commission students to carry out research projects, under supervision of academic experts. In this way, students get the opportunity to put their knowledge into practice and you will get tailor-made services on a scientific level for relatively little money. The science shop of the faculty coordinates these projects.
>> Read more