The European Consortium for the New Humanities aims at providing a platform for research on the role and function of the humanities in a globalised world and to fundraise for joint collaborative projects. Grant applications already submitted and pending are with the European Science Foundation, the European Research Council, the NWO and HERA-NET.
An International Consortium of Centres for the Humanities was set up in Utrecht in April 2008.
The partners in the consortium are the following top-ranked universities:
International Research Grant
Cosmopolitanism, Identity and Media
Towards building a consortium of the Humanities in a Globalised World.
This is a two-year research exchange project with the Helsinki Collegium of Advanced Study and the “POLIS” Research Centre of the London School of Economics. This institutional collaboration has been funded by the international programme of the Dutch Research Council (NWO).
Leverhulme Trust Research Project
2008-2011: ‘Between Empire and Cosmopolitanism: Europe , Human Rights, Sovereignty'.
Research network funded by the Leverhulme Trust, UK and co-ordinated by Birkbeck College, University of London (Prof. Costas Douzinas and Prof. Patrick Hanafin).
- Institute of International Law and the Humanities (Melbourne University)
- Centre of International Politics (Kings College, London)
- Australian National University
- Eric Carstren Institute of International Law (Helsinki University)
- Lund University (Sweden)
- Centre for the Humanities (Utrecht University)
- Institute of Human Rights (Complutense University, Madrid)
- University of Paris (I)
- Keele University
- CIDESC (Centre for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights) (Lisbon, Portugal)
European Commission Sixth Framework Programme Project
2007-2009: 'A Topological Approach to Cultural Dynamics' (ATACD), coordinated by Goldsmiths College, University of London (Prof. Celia Lury).
- Goldsmiths, University of London(UK)
- V2 Organization (NL)
- University of Basel (CH)
- University of Napoli (IT)
- Piet Zwart Institute (NL)
- University of Bologna (IT)
- Utrecht University(NL)
- Copenhagen Business School (DK)
- Sony France SA (FR)
- Panteion University (GR)
- Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (FR)
- University College London (UK)
- University of Plovdiv (BG)
- London School of Economics (UK)
- University of Amsterdam (NL)
- University of Barcelona (ES)
- University of Aarhus (DK)
- Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (ES)
- Università degli Studi ‘La Sapienza' (IT)
- University of Leicester (UK)