Eduroam (Wireless network/ WiFi)
What is Eduroam?
Utrecht University has a wireless network in most buildings: Eduroam. Eduroam is an international cooperation project across higher education institutions, with which you have access to the wireless network, not only in the buildings of Utrecht University, but also of its sister institutions.
For an up-to-date overview of the availability of Eduroam, please visit the Eduroam website.
What do you need?
Eduroam can be used by all students of Utrecht University. Your long Solis ID is your login account. It is your Solis ID followed by @soliscom.uu.nl.
You also need a mobile device with a wireless receiver, for instance, a laptop, smartphone or tablet.
You have to edit a couple of settings on your mobile device. The basic settings listed below enable you to get started right away.
Basic settings Eduroam
- SSID: eduroam
- Security type: WPA2-enterprise
- Encryption: AES
- Authentication method: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Sub-authentication method: EAP-MSCHAP V2
- Certificate authority: Addtrust external CA root
- Login user: your Solis ID, followed by @soliscom.uu.nl, so: Solisfirstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., email@example.com)
Password: your Solis password
- Domain: do not fill in
- TCP/IP: automatically retrieve IP & DNS
Basic settings per operating system/telephone type
In the Eduroam manual (PDF) you find the correct settings listed per device. The manual lists the most common settings and devices, such as Windows XP, Macintosh OS X, Nokia, HTC, Apple iPhone and iPad.
If you have trouble connecting to Eduroam, please contact the ICT Service Desk.